Leaving Care Services
The main purpose of The Children (Leaving Care) Act 2000 is to improve the life chances of children and young people living in and leaving local authority care.
The piece of legislation does this by:
- Delaying leaving care until the young person is prepared and ready to leave
- Improving the assessment, preparation and planning for leaving care
- Providing better personal support for young people after leaving care
- Improving the financial arrangements for care leavers
The Leaving Care Act has two main aims:
- To ensure that Young People do not leave care until they are ready.
- To ensure that they receive more effective support once they have left.
See the web pages below for further information on how we do this in Reading.
Save this page to My Reading
Share this page on social networks