Asbestos is a naturally occurring mineral that has been used for over 100 years in buildings for fire proofing, thermal, electrical and sound insulation, in wall plaster, roof and flooring materials, gasket and friction products and many other uses. All forms of asbestos (blue, brown and white) are a health hazard when the asbestos fibres are released into the air and inhaled. Inhaled fibres can cause asbestosis, lung cancer and mesothelioma, a cancer of the inner lining of the chest or abdominal wall.
If you have asbestos waste from your home that you want to take to the Smallmead Household Waste Recycling Centre, please call 0800 988 3023.
Save this page to My Reading
Share this page on social networks